With the athleisure ready-to-wear fashion market currently estimated at $44 billion with projected growth at $83 billion, we expect to see exciting new beauty products follow suit that can help increase body and brain function.
Market research firm Mintel recently published a report outlining some of the exceptional new product features and benefits we can expect:
- Creams and oils activated by temperature, water or sweat
- Sensors embedded in fibers or fabrics that track temperature and hydration levels
- Smartphone apps that control time-release products for skin through activewear
- Recovery products for post-intensive workouts (think: high intensity interval training)
- Products that adjust body temperature based on outdoor temps
- Better protection from urban pollution, UV and infrared rays
According to Mintel researchers “Consumers are encouraged to not only exercise their bodies and brains but beauty brands will formulate products to help in the process.”
Z’Scoop has zeroed in on some innovative companies that are embracing this direction and some new and exciting products being developed:
Sportfix Makeup for Active Women
High performance, dual-purpose makeup and skin care range to revitalize and protect skin. Sweat-proof, breathable, vitamin-packed products made from natural ingredients with SPF 20.
Created with a team of professional extreme sports athletes, Jeewin Products cover before, during and after-sport needs for men and women.
Four basic ranges and concepts that dovetail with the new ath-beauty trend:
- – Suncare: high protection
- – Skincare: daily face-body skincare
- – Sportscare: facilitates muscular warm-up, minimizes aches later
- – Massage: after-sport relaxation and preparation for the next practice
Jeewin images copyright Jeewin.
Organic cold-pressed watermelon, tart cherry, biodynamic lemon juice is a new post-workout drink fave. “It’s been an overlooked superfood for far too long,” says WellWell founder Sagan Schultz. Now pending a liquor license for WW beer.
All books are available at amazon.com. Click on title for more information.
Beauty From the Inside Out: Makeup-Wellness-Confidence
by Bobbi Brown
Look Good, Feel Good: 206 Beauty and Fitness Secrets
by Mariah Bear
Back to Home